Thursday, March 17, 2011

Three Noteworthy Student Blogs

Although I thought that many of the students in my class have done really great work on their blogs, these are a few people who's blogs stood out to me;

1. Sammy Jo- I thought the way hat Sammy Jo expressed the two different perspectives of the poem was very interesting. In the beginning of the response, she wrote about her original opinions towards the poem, that the father was abusing the narrator of the poem. However, later in the response, she writes about how her opinion changed after reading the poem carefully again, and she began to think that the boy was not being abused and it wasn't as dark of a poem as she had originally thought. I thought the way Sammy Jo illustrated the way her opinions changed was very well done.
2. Hillary- Hillary's blog post was one of my favorite responses. The first thing I liked about her post was that she used evidence to back up her opinions. Every time she made a new point, she would elaborate on it by supporting her idea with details from the poem. This fascinated me, and even inspired me to use a similar technique next time I write a response. My favorite thing about Hillary's poem was how much of herself she put into it. The response had a very clear voice and tone, making it enjoyable to read!
3. Sarah- Sarah's response to 'My Papa's Waltz' was amazing! I could not get over how well written it was! Sarah- if your reading this- well done, you truly are a great writer. The thing I liked the most about Sarah's response was how gracefully she expressed her thoughts and ideas. The piece was fluent, not at all choppy, and she got her point across perfectly. Great job Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment